Tuesday, August 14, 2012

meowtha stewart presents: revamp your vanity!

after painting medicine cabinet, wrap posterboard with decorative paper
singapura cat helps redecorate medicine cabinet
vintage magazine ad mounted on posterboard
repainted medicine cabinet with ribbon trim
redecorated medicine cabinet
Felix the Singapura cat posing with the finished medicine cabinet

One evening, on a whim I decided I couldn't stand looking at the chipped paint and rust in my medicine cabinet anymore, so I started a re-vamp project.  With the help of my capable assistant, Felix, and some curious onlooking from Nikki, it got done.  All it took was some fresh paint, a bit of poster board, ribbon and a vintage magazine ad (featuring Rita Hayworth, appropriately enough advertising cosmetics).  Now if only I could see Rita's peachy complexion, and not my own, reflecting from the other side of that door!




Take a bow, assistants!  Nikki is the little Siamese boy, and Felix is his Singapura brother.  You'll see a lot more of them at my YouTube channel, if you like, HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment